CritViz Terms of Service
CritViz LLC (“Company”) reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service describe your rights and responsibilities when using our Service. Please read them carefully.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must provide your name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you’d like.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading, and Downgrading Terms
- For prospective instructors wishing to use the Service in their classrooms, the Service is offered with a free trial for creating one course. This free trial course has a limited duration of six months and can only be used one time. The free trial is intended to give instructors a good understanding of how CritViz works. If an instructor needs multiple courses, needs longer than six months, or needs more students to be enrolled than the free trial allows, they will have to pay for usage using one of the paid plans.
- When the paid duration of a course runs out, the course and all files associated with the course, including work that students submitted, will become “frozen” and not accessible to students. A “frozen” course will however remain accessible to the instructor users associated with that course, but accessible in a “read only” state where new assignments or material may not be added or removed.
- Once additional subscription payment has been applied to a “frozen” course, it becomes “active” and available for instructors and students enrolled in it to resume all activities.
- “Frozen” courses will be retained and available for reactivation for up to one year from the time their subscription lapsed and they became “frozen”. After one year we reserve the right to permanently delete all files associated with the course.
- For any upgrade in plan level (Instructor to Instructor Pro), the new rate being charged will be prorated. There is no ability to downgrade the plan level for a course, since downgrading may include the loss of data and access for students.
You Must be Over the Age of 13
CritViz is not intended for and should not be used by anyone under the age of thirteen. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited.
- You grant CritViz a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on CritViz solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using the CritViz products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights CritViz may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for cancelling your account. To cancel your account you can email email@example.com.
- If you are a student enrolled in a course, the instructor for that CritViz course may remove you from that course at any time, for any reason. If you wish to be removed from a course, you must contact any of the instructors for that course and request to be removed. If you are removed from a course by an instructor, all of the material you have created (assignments, critiques, comments, responses, uploads) will remain in the CritViz database, but will be inaccessible to that course. If you should then be re-enrolled in that same course at a later date using the exact same email address, your old material will once again become accessible to you, the instructor, and the class.
- If you cancel your CritViz Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. But there will not be any prorating of unused time in the last billing cycle.
- The Company, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. The Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted to CritViz or any CritViz course must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service.
- The Company does not pre-screen content, but reserves the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is © copyright CritViz, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided via email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You understand that the Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. CritViz uses Amazon Web Services for its infrastructure.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or the Company.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by the Company.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Service customer, Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may in some cases be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. Of course, we’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- The Company does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and the Company (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com
Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.